Sunday, March 01, 2009

Krystal Rocks!

After my "National Step-Mothers Day" worked so well, I have also sucessfully tried "National Pregnant Woman Day", "Pregnant with Step-Children Day" and today is "Only Female in the House Day". Now, if I can only think of a caption for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday... I may just make this a weekly thing.

At my house, we do the rock system. Both boys have their names on a plastic see-through cup, and they get "rocks" for good deeds. The "rocks" are similar to fish tank marbles, just a little bigger. At the end, the child who fills their cup fastest gets the grand prize of $50 to spend however they want. This works wonders. I need trash taken out, I give a rock to whoever is willing to take it out. I can't bend over to sort laundry since there is always shirts/jeans/socks/etc. in the "towel" basket, I get a laundry sorter lined out and a rock is given. They help haul hay/feed livestock/water/put feed up, they get rewarded with... yes, you guessed it, a Rock! So, whenever I really need something done, I may say something like "Free Rocks!!! Come get your Free Rocks!!!" in which both boys come running from all directions to see what they have to do for rocks. Today... when I so cold-heartidly yelled "Krystal Rocks!!! Come running if you think Krystal Rocks!!" neither boy thought it was as funny as I did when they came running...

Free Signature Generator

2 comments:

  1. I love the whole rock idea! I can't wait until my kids help pick up the house. ...if they ever will. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal!
    You knew I'd find you!
    Okay, first off...I love how you thanked everyone in your previous blog!
    And the rock thing, genius!
    I will so keep that in mind for my future chillens!
    :)

    ReplyDelete