Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

We’re getting closer to going home. We have been getting closer to coming home, all along, each day at a time.. but it’s really starting to feel REAL now.

Kaylee is taking every other feeding by bottle. 2 out of 4 bottles per shift is great progress in my book! She’ll be able to go home once she’s on every feeding by bottle for 48 hours straight with no problems. (I think)

Kaylee is 4 lbs. 3.6 ounces now. She can go home at 4 lbs. 8 ounces.

Kaylee will go into an “open crib” and out of the isolette when she reaches 1950 grams. She weighed 1921 grams last night.

Once Kaylee goes into the open crib, she will have a car seat test to make sure she can hold up to riding in it. The test last for the time that the trip home will take; so Kaylee’s test will be 3 hours.

Kaylee’s baby shower, though she won’t be there, is April 19th.

Kaylee’s head scan (and hopefully this is her last head scan) is scheduled for April 20th.

I’m taking CPR April 21st.

Kaylee will be one month old April 22nd.

Can we make it home on her “one month” birthday?

2 comments:

  1. AWW, 1 month old already! I'm praying for you guys and I'll keep my fingers crossed precious Kaylee gets to spend her one month birthday in her own home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I say this every time I post but I am so happy she is doing so well! I can't believe she will be a month old in just a few days. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete