Friday, April 10, 2009

19 days and counting

It’s been 2 weeks, 5 days (I think, today is Friday right?) since little Kaylee entered our lives and I cannot imagine it any other way. I honestly cannot tell you what I would do doing at this very moment, if I were back in Magnolia and almost 35 weeks pregnant. I can’t imagine my life without Kaylee. She’s everything to me. Today, i’m going to give updates on Kaylee, my newest pictures of her, and I’m going to hope you all enjoy my little miracle.

Updates

-Moved to Step Down from NICU. She has been in Step Down since Wednesday.
- Started on a bottle, once per shift. Kaylee took 13 mL (or cc) her first try, and 15 mL the next day. Her 2:00 feeding this afternoon, she took her entire feeding in a bottle, which is 31 mL.
- Kaylee is already a candidate for the NEXT step down! She is off her antibiotic, and off her oxygen. Her nurse today (whom I adore) said she is a “grower” baby, all that is left is for her to grow!
- Her latest weight, which was last night, was 3 lbs. 14 ounces.
** Once moved to the next step down (2K is what it is called, I think) there could be days I can “room in” with her, depending on how many babies are going home. Towards the end of her stay I should be able to stay with her at least for the last of it, but we’re hoping for more than just that. I really want to stay with her, now!! I already have my bags ready!










4 comments:

  1. OMG I totally love the bunny ear's hat. I also would like to say I totally have that same maternity shirt your wearing in the first photo...and I too still wear it even though I'm no longer pregnant...it doesnt look near as cute now as it did when I had the baby belly...
    She's such a cutie and I cant wait to see more photos :)
    I totally don't know what I would do with a baby that tiny. Sarah is almost 9 lb's and is six and a half weeks old and I'm in tears most of the time because she is getting so darn big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy she is doing so great!!!! It was so great to get to see her. She is a little fighter! BTW- Love the bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krystal!!!! She is SO beautiful! I'm so glad she is doing well. All of our prayers are working :-) Give your little bunny kisses for me :)

    Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Way to go Kaylee! She's sure is doing well! I am so happy for you guys! Ya'll look so happy and Kaylee looks just beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete