Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Welcome to the Disaster State , errr.. Natural State!



In order to get myself back on track, I’m going to try an easy to do post, about my Home State in which I still reside..unfortunately.

I am inviting you today, in case you already don’t, to join me in living in the great state of Arkansas. Here are some reasons why…

1)You never have to separate your clothes into fall/winter/spring/summer categories. Not only do you experience all 4 seasons in one day, Arkansas may actually the only state that jumps from Summer to Winter, and back to Summer skipping Fall and Spring!

2)Sleeping through tornado sirens comes as a second nature. They are as frequent and as unwanted as your daily alarm clock going off.

3)The farther South you go, the sweeter the tea gets and people literally start asking “Would you like some tea with your sugar?”

4)The farther South you go, the weirder the people get.. and I’m wondering if that’s why I’ve stayed in the VERY bottom for five years now.




5)One of the most looked forward to events across is Toad Suck. While you happily enter the Toad Race on the Toad Square, your kids can enjoy various acts of the Toadal Kids Zone. This is of course, if you don’t want to join ME at the World Championship Steak-Cookoff, watching the parade of grills and choosing your hot steak right off the grill at the Magnolia Blossom Festival .. or even joining in on the Tiller Race at the Purple Hull Pea Festival. We could always go back to my hometown and celebrate in the Brick Capitol, joining in on some good ol’ brick tossing and all. Whatever you like!

6)Not only can you see various types of wild animals, they come right up to your front (or back) porch and sometimes even chase you!

7)It is not uncommon in schools for them to teach students to say “The” in front of places. “Let’s go to The McDonalds”. “I really need to go to The Wal-Mart”.

8)It is also not uncommon for your third cousin’s boyfriend’s sister’s best friend to visit you in the hospital. Don’t be afraid to turn down the 3rd case of beer offered, or the pizza delivery man’s personal cell phone number.

9)Speaking of hospitals… if you do happen to visit, or even move here, don’t be leery of the man standing in the corner holding a briefcase the size of Kentucky down in the Canteen. He’ll sell you any movie you like at a discount rate of $20 for 5 pirated , err… hot off the press movies.

10) Since I have more than convinced you that Arkansas in the place for you, I invite you to even come stay with me as a test drive. While at my home, you can help me wash dishes/haul hay/feed spitting livestock/chase after 2 wild boys/and change dirty diapers. All free of charge!!!

Who wants to book a room first?!

4 comments:

  1. Me!!!!! I want to come see your Llamas! And that baby girl of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Krystal you just made me miss Arkansas OH SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAH!!! We had the air conditioner on the other day and then turned on the heater the next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have flown over Arkansas. I imagine that you have also flown over Ohio. I do not blame you!!! Not much to stop for...

    Kaylee is beautiful! All the children are precious.

    ReplyDelete