Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SURPRISE!!! (And i'm NOT pregnant!)

Happy Late Mother's Day to all Mother's (or soon to be Mother's, or friends who have Mothers.. everyone I guess!) I've been around, but it's hard to get internet connection with all the storms. Did I ever mention I live on 80 acres in the middle of no where? Well, you know now.

A Recap of MY Mother's Day:

I got to...

A) Lay around the house all day with Kaylee and Jeremy, cha ching!

B) get the scrapbook I wanted!

C) Jeremy stayed on the phone looking for me a Dairy Goat!! We're going to get some in a couple of weeks! Cha Ching # 2!!

D) TALK, yes, only TALK about going to IHOP :( Story below..





TODAY... (as in, Tuesday May 12th) I got a SURPRISE Baby shower from Tyler's 4-H group!! How sweet!! They had a cupcake cake (ya know, the cakes that look like a cake but it's all cupcakes), punch, presents, and a diaper cake made by his 4-H leader. She took a picture of me and Kaylee, with all the 4-H'ers to put in the paper. I was really shocked! I had no clue, I didn't even wonder when Jeremy kept insisting I take Tyler to 4-H when I didn't feel like it. I did forget my camera though, so I only got a picture of the diaper cake. I hate that I forgot it too, it was a mardi gras theme (with beads and all!) and the 4-H'ers learned the cha cha slide and cupid shuffle. Bwahahaha!!! It was soo funny! You must know, when both of these songs came out, I was somewhat active in my "bar days". So watching a group of 5-9 year olds dance around in socks with mardi gras beads hanging to their knees was a hoot!



Please ignore my messy kitchen table.. ehh, it was finals week last week!!


I'm trying this out, I uploaded a video for the first time, of my oh-so wonderful baby. She is hungry, so she's a little fussy (but it's still not bad!) Oh yea, turn your volume WAY down, I sound like a baby seal on crack.






I was just about to end this post, when Jeremy walks over and hands me his new bird, Tinker. Tinker is a Meyer Parrot.

Hello Tinker



Tinker is a only a couple of months old, we got her right off of hand feeding while Kaylee was still at Baptist. I had just picked her up at the airport (Tinker that is) the day before my re-scheduled baby shower.

Well, Tinker was giving me goodnight sugars (oh yes.. bird kisses are the best!) and I was handing her back to Jeremy, when I got a lovely surprise (Surprise #2 for the day!) running down my laptop screen.

So, I grabbed the nearest thing, a dirty sock, and cleaned it off my screen before it ran down into my keyboard. Don't worry, it is a holey sock, I was going to throw it away anyways.

So to end.. I know you are dying to know what stopped us from eating at IHOP. I went with Jeremy to pick up the boys Sunday night. We got held up in Ashdown for 45 minutes!! What?! It's 4-lane highway, and we're stopped for 45 minutes?! I'm thinking blood must have been shed ahead to be held up that long... what was it you ask? A Freakin-Flood. Yep. The entire road was flooded, they were pulling cars out.. we were driving less than 5 mph trying to get through... it was terrible. Water was up the doors on my SUV. So, instead of going back that way, we went a different route taking us through Hope instead of Texarkana.. I still got to choose were we ate though. Since my favorite, Big Jake's, is closed on Sunday.. and we have been banned from Burger King since Aidan used the urinal for #2, our only other option where they wouldn't spit in our food was Pizza Hut. Don't worry though, my next available chance to eat at IHOP will come soon enough!

6 comments:

  1. WOW the best part is yal getting banned from burger king! I didn't know that! lol Happy Late mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww now I want to come hold her even more!! I can't wait for a little girl!! I"m not stopping until I have one LOL! BTW.. I made her some hairbows for next time you guys are down :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video is absolutely precious! And I've been craving some IHOP too!! Ugh, we don't have one anywhere close!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL
    A baby seal on crack... too funny! And no you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A diaper cake! excellent!!

    And another goat!! You could be a reality show :-)

    ReplyDelete