Sunday, June 14, 2009

Crafty!

I've been a bit crafty lately. Please give me your thoughts!!


These are flower pens. What you need:
  • 5-6 different fake colored flowers (or all the same, whatever you like!)
  • Ball Point Pens (not any that click)
  • Floral Tape

1. Cut Flower off of the bundle (leave plenty of "stem" for a good hold around the pen to be wrapped)
2. Put the flower as close to the end of the end as possible
3. Wrap with Floral Tape.
4. Put in Flower Pot. (I got accent rocks to put in the pot, so the flowers will stay better once they go back in.


Picture Frame
Just had an idea and went with it! I LOVE the results.



Hair Bow Holders in Kaylee's initials..
I painted the dots and hot glued the ribbon on. Sorry you can't see the ribbon very well, there are 2 from the K and H, one from the G, and it's reverse colors of the letters (red with white dots).
When painting the letters, I started thinking it was a little Easter eggish..
I did red/white since her room will be in farm animals


When i'm not doing things like crafts... i'm doing things like this..
Lemon Ice Box Pie

YUM!!!

This is NOT one of my crafts, but it is one of my mom's crafts. She made this for Kaylee



We love farm animals
Kaylee stretchin on her new blanket!






My sweet little girl!




Isn't she just a doll?! Not an ACTUAL doll of course, unlike some people are doing these days. My little Kaylee cakes is cute as can be, and also as REAL as she can be.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby pics!!

    I like flower pencils/pens at work for teaching. This way the writing utensils are returned!!! I have also tried taping other odd objects to the pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all adorable :) I love the bow holders!! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids will just steal your pencils!! They will actually tear off your flower when your not looking leaving your hard work/flower on the floor!

    They will complain of being poor - but own a cell phone, ipod, and coach purse!! But, no money for a pencil or calculator!!!

    I have taped all kinds of things to the pencils to try to keep them. I can not think of any that worked better than others. Just buy in bulk at the back to school sales. You will need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the craftiness! Especially the hairbow hangers! And Kaylee's little blanket is just precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krys: My plans have changed and instead of coming home in Dec I'll be getting to come home in Aug! I'm going to go straight on into Henderson and finish my bachelors for teaching. :) I'm super excited but extremely rushed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I'm still debating what I should teach! I'm probably going to end up in middle school though...I reallyyyy wanna teach high school but my dad is begging me not too because "they bring guns there." HAHA!! I would LOVE to come back to ag, since that is my REAL passion, but I just don't know. I may actually get a degree in science and just certify to teach ag...! I'm not sure though... :)

    ReplyDelete